View Single Post
Old
10-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Reesor01

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
There's plenty of options for next season, but MacKinnon is unlikely in the grand scheme of things... But with Drouin improving significantly, we can still contend next season IMO. What this team needs is a #1 center, perhaps that will come in Eichel, but even if NTDP players come to the CHL, it's after their 2nd season. (Kane, Jones)

The team will need to off-set the loss of KA and with an open Euro slot (two) we can look for one by trade. Petr Sidlik, and Artem Sergeev come to mind. We'll also be able to return 5 D from this season if we choose... Barring injury, Lewis is already a lock for next year you'd think. Weegar, Lovell and Hardie will see their roles get bigger.

Top Euro
Drouin
Ciampini
Ryan
Andrews (20)
Falkenham
Lindsay
Alcalde
Lacroix-Courville
(Eichel)
(Ashley/Boudreau) (20)

Lewis (20)
Duke/Sergeev (20)
(Sidlik)
Hardie
Lovell
Weegar
Trade for depth

Fucale

Some moves will need to be done in order to acquire more scoring power, as we'd still have a good bottom 6. Too early to really tell though.
I'm licking my chops at a potential top 6 Euro pick with us having Sherbrooke's pick. If we win the league our own Euro pick will be 54th. But as seen in the past, it could be quite easy to move that up if we take advantage of a team with a higher Euro pick but stuck with 2 Euros already.

MacKinnon won't be back next year. I'm pretty sure Drouin will be. He just doesn't seem like the type of player that would make a 2nd line in the NHL at 18. But, I'm not sure if Cam Russell will want to sacrifice some of this season to save for next year. He won't want to dismantle the farm, but I doubt he misses an opportunity this year to make our team better.