View Single Post
Old
10-04-2012, 01:14 PM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Ryan Pulock right now is the best D-man playing in the Dub. Better than Seth Jones, better than Ryan Murray, better than Griffin Rienhart and better than Morgan Rielly. So what exactly is stopping him from being taken as the first D in the draft? Because Seth Jones had more hype during the summer?
Yeah, no.

Let me elaborate, Pulock is a phenomenal player, he's got wheels, skill and a great slapper, but he's not dominant. He plays on the Wheat Kings, an offensive juggernaut ( yes he's a huge part of that ) I'd like him to get a bit angry. He puts up points, he plays a decent D game, but he's not as complete as Jones, Murray or Reinhart and Rielly is a better skater and passer. However I would take him ahead of all dmen in the dub except Jones and Murray.

I can't see an offensive dman like Pulock taken ahead of a more "complete" dman, you see it all the time at drafts, EJ was taken 1st because he was thought to be a great 2-way force, Murray ahead of Offensive dmen like Rielly and Dumba. There are not many pure offensive guys taken ahead of a two way guy, because there is that risk that they don't translate.

Last edited by FishManSam: 10-04-2012 at 01:21 PM.
FishManSam is offline   Reply With Quote