Thread: Prospect Info: Senators Prospects 2012-2013 Season
View Single Post
Old
10-04-2012, 01:52 PM
The King of Town

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlssonlee View Post
Queen's University has 24000 students, whereas RMC university has 1100 students.

The city of Kingston's population is 124 000. Yes that's a good chunk of university students but non-the-less the city could still support an AHL team.

In terms of the fan base, It would really help reach out to Sens fan in Kingston and perhaps convert some of those Leaf fans there. The Marlies is a poor example, because it's situated in the the same city, but there are some Hamilton Bulldog fans that support the Montreal Canadians now. It's nice for them to follow some of their favourite prospect and seeing them in the NHL.
You never answered my question: have you been to Binghamton, to make such judgements about it?

You can keep fooling yourself about Kingston, it's of no consequence matter to me. I'm not going to argue any more about it, it's been done ad nauseam over the years here and elsewhere. If it were such a good idea, you can be sure it would have been done already... These people (NHL owners) didn't become billionaires because they were bad businessmen.

And this is coming from someone who actually likes Kingston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
I plan on using this as a bases for my final marketing project showing the viability of an AHL franchise in Kingston.
I wish you luck, sincerely.