View Single Post
Old
05-09-2006, 11:56 PM
Slick Nick

vCash: 500
I have high doubts about Plekanec on the second line. My choice would be Ribs if the centerman situation would remain the same in september.

There's a few problems with this team, but the most obvious one is a lack of size and talent (or both combined) at center on the two first lines. We have 4 candidates right now; Saku, Mike, Thomas and Radek... Saku is the best of the bunch, Ribeiro can't bring enough overall for a third line spot and Radek is a good 3rd/4th line center..

3 choices:

keep the same center core.

Trade Ribs and bring Pleky on 2nd. Bring Bonk or Bégin on 3rd, in this case - find a good 3rd or 4th line center.

Trade Ribs and replace him with a No1/2 center on UFA market or via a trade.

I think the third choice is the most logical one.

Package 3 of the most valuable players on this roster; Ryder, Souray and Aebischer, trade them for a No 1 center and what comes with it. Sign Huet (Aebi cleared), sing a 3rd D (Souray cleared, and might save money.. or put the money saved on a no1/2 D) let the kids play (Perezhogin, Kostitsyn or the flyest guy in training camp). Overall you get a No1 centerman, maybe a better D and you give your young guns a good chance to prove their selection.

Last edited by Slick Nick: 05-10-2006 at 12:36 AM.