View Single Post
Old
10-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Crescent Street
Saturday Nite Hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHockeyGameBrokeOut View Post
I see lots of threads calling for boycotts, calling the NHL offices, sending emails, posting on Twitter or Facebook, but let's be realistic. That's not going to get us our season or our sport back. It's not efficient, effective, or concise.

What we need is for a third party group backed by the fans to force the NHL to give us a season. We need to lock the players and owners in a guarded room with third party arbitrators present until they decide to give us a season.

Do we really care who gets 50%, who gets 57%, etc.? No, we don't. However, we're losing out on regular season games now. It shouldn't take all of this.

If I have to read one more bad interview with Don or Steve Fehr, Bill Daly, Gary Bettman or any player in the league looking for a soapbox, I'm going to lose it.

The NHL and the NHLPA are both wrong and we know it. All it would take is one committed group of fans and one arbitration team and we'd have a season this week.

Are you with me? If they want to lockout, we should lock them down.
Third party will never happen because both the owners and players won't be getting what they ultimately want. So they'll never agree to bringing one in.

Crescent Street is offline   Reply With Quote