View Single Post
Old
05-10-2006, 12:38 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
OT stupid website questions

I need help from those of you who work with websites. I am considering doing my own website to cover our prospects since I no longer write for HF and Habsworld I don't know if they will be around or not in the future. I want a good looking site but don't want it to cost me much money. I would have to pay a company to build one, although I think I can get someone from my college to do it for cheap. How hard is it to maintain? I don't want a message board cause I do NOT want to have to moderate it! I also don't think I'd have stats cause I was always bad at tables and when I wrote for HF I rarely updated the stats cause it was so hard to do (at least for me it was)

I'm interested in podcasting as I still have some contacts here and there and might be able to swing some interviews on my own, although that not something I can do too often. What would be great is if I could somehow put clips of some of the games I've got on vhs/dvd. I've got an insane collection (I've been trying to cut back this year, not spend so much money) But I'm sure people would like to see Komisarek at Michigan, Kostitsyn with CSKA, Korpikari with Karpat, Grabovsky with Neftekhimik/Dynamo, Wyman with Dartmouth, Emelin with Lada (Buturlin as well) Korneev with the National team (Buturlin/Tarasov as well) Latendresse at the remax games, Perezhogin scoring wicked goals etc.... But I don't know if it's even possible and I wouldn't want it to cost me a lot of money since I might cut back my hours at work for a couple months.

So if others can help answer some questions, keep in mind I am not that good with computers and while I had some classes in college, it needs to be easy to do or I won't end up doing it.