View Single Post
Old
10-04-2012, 04:21 PM
SidTheKid8787

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
So by sitting here and doing nothing, you think that will accomplish something? I'm not sure I understand your point.

Again, I'm not saying it will make one lick of difference but the fans' voice needs to be heard. I just figured it wouldn't be that difficult to get people to show up for a protest or sit in.

The reason they aren't negotiating is because both groups just assume once they get their way, hockey will return to record revenue levels again. We the fans need to step up. The reality is that people WILL come back after the lockout but why should we have to wait? We should show them that we want hockey and we want it now. Maybe some bad press on each arena's lawns would do the trick. Despite the fact that it's 30 owners and hundreds of players, guys like Lemieux and Crosby are part of the reason there is a lockout. Make these guys have to answer to us.

Now I know I'm off the deep end because it won't work but I wouldn't mind giving it a try.
I'm getting tons of other hockey so i don't need NHL hockey. My stance on it would be different if both parties actually gave a damn about the fans. As of now, neither side does with how they are acting.

If both parties were actually negotiating, i can see a protest actually helping. Right now? Not so much.