View Single Post
Old
10-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I'm sadly starting to think Dan Cleary may be correct when he says this will last longer than the last one.
If that happens, you can expect revenue to be down when hockey returns and the players to be worse off. They are going to lose a year's worth of salary and 10% points of HHR isn't going to offset that. Maybe I'm missing something but I think Mike Modano was the more poinant with his comments.

If they miss a year+, it is possible that some smaller market teams will struggle to recover their fans and potentially put them into Phoenix territory. That isn't good for anyone but especially the players.

When the last lockout happened, I believe we were 10 years removed from the last work stoppage that was only a partial season lost. Losing a second season in 7 years time is going to have a bigger impact in my opinion. The players are cutting off their nose to spite their face. I don't think the owners aren't without blame because they certainly have created some of the conditions they want to erase. That being said, the players have tried to play hardball since Fehr took over and that has done them no favors and in my opinion, has made them look bad from a fan's standpoint. No other professional sports league has gone through this. They look like a bunch of divas.