Thread: Olympics: 2014 - U.S. Roster Discussion
View Single Post
Old
10-04-2012, 09:48 PM
flyers28giroux

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Yeah, barring a real breakthrough season like that, I don't think you'll see any super young US forwards either. It doesn't help that we just don't produce much high end forward talent either as that's what could possibly make this team right now. There's just far too many really strong bottom 9 national team players in contention for guys like Galchenyuk, Kreider, Palmieri, etc. to really get in play. I could see Kreider as a possibility just because he's so fast and he's already physically mature but that would really depend on how he's developing in the AHL or NHL whenever it's back. The team could really use an elite center but it's not reasonable or fair to expect Gally to be that in 2014.

You do make a good point that especially in a shortened NHL season, that it will probably be hard for guys like Galchenyuk, Kreider, Palmieri, Atkinson, Saad etc. to make a major impact on the forward group heading to Sochi, but I strongly feel with the high-end skill and creativity that a player like Galchenyuk has, it would be hard for the USA Hockey brass to not at least give him an invite to the USA Hockey Olympic evaluation camp.

I just feel if you could put him on a line with future Montreal Canadien teammate Max Pacioretty, it would help him a lot and help him build chemistry with Max. I'm not expecting Gally to be the leading point man or top line centermen for team USA in Sochi but I just think its wrong to not at least give him an invite to the camp with the high-end potential he has.