View Single Post
Old
10-04-2012, 10:58 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Teuvo is playing the center role and he is not ready for it in SM-Liiga level... too much pressure on his shoulders plus his linemates have been awful too. They should move him back to wing asap. He just needs to find his confidence back and also wait when the real coaches come back from their suspensions.

And that Riku Hahl rumor made me laugh...why would Hahl move there when he is under a contract with Jokerit and he is very important player for the team... makes tons of work that gets often unnoticed.
Will Teuvo go to WJC again? Does SM-Liiga release younger players for that?

Re: his current play - it would horrible if he develops confidence problems...b/c he's young to begin with...he was one of the youngest players in the draft...people talked a lot about how young Mark Jankowski was...but Teuvo was only a couple of days older - and obviously doesn't have a lot of size.

How's his defense - how would it translate (eventually) in the NHL? Does he have any upside there or is he more the elite offense/defensive blackhole type?

ETA - one thing i was wondering was, simply in terms of his development for NHL play, do you think it was wise for him to stay in a Finnish men's league - where he's playing more competitive hockey against "adults" - or would he have benefited from playing somewhere in the CHL where the competition was younger/easier but it's NHL-style and he would have had the opportunity to dominate? That's probably not a fair question b/c I know you're fans of Finnish hockey (and maybe don't watch the CHL too much) - but I was wondering what your thoughts were.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote