Old
12-06-2003, 12:04 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by penopekoo
I noticed this too.
I'm assuming Gratton is injured, as there really is no other reason to bench him (or was his four point performance last night not good enough?)

Higgins was benched in favour of Milroy. Perhaps Jarvis is trying to send a message to him in response to his recent decline in production?

But all in all I'm really happy with this year's Hamilton team. They are really on a roll. At this rate, I can't see how they'd miss the playoffs. Certainly proving that even after losing the Edmonton players, they're a force to be reckoned with. If they can win tomorrow (versus a mediocre Roadrunners team), they'll have six points in a tough back-to-back-to-back stretch. And being a really young team, with the (replaceable) exception of Dykhuis and Traverse, they're only going to improve.

The funny thing is Traverse has been one of the worst players on the team, and Dykhuis who has shown some flashes of offense abilites, hasn't been very good either. I was at work, so I missed todays game, but I'll watch tomorrow as it should be a good one.

As for Higgins, Perezhogin, Ferland and Milroy have all sat out healthy, so it's only fair that the other rookie do the same. Gratton is coming off an injury, so perhaps he reinjured, or just wanted to rest up.

This team can will it all if the defense plays better and the goaltending steps it up. Fichaud seems to be picking it up, but as the #1 he'll have to be better in the playoffs. Damphousse has been good one game, and not so good in others, but it's still very early with lots of hockey to go.