View Single Post
Old
10-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
I can't recall this happening before...the team managing partner going on the radio and ripping the team's top prospect.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/diam...nclick_check=1

Quote:
Kendrick wasn’t as upbeat when talking about pitching prospect Trevor Bauer, who did not pitch well in his brief time in the majors earlier this season.

“As you guys know, I’m a pretty direct guy, and I will say this,” Kendrick told KTAR. “He is the employee. In an employer/employee situation it’s incumbent on the employee to make adjustments to satisfy the needs of the employer. I hope and trust that that will occur.”

It was unclear what adjustments Kendrick was referring to; he did not respond to a message from azcentral sports seeking clarification.

Kendrick also was noncommittal about Bauer’s place in the organization.

“Well, he has talent,” Kendrick said, when asked if Bauer were a “big part of the future.”

Pressed for an answer, he said Bauer will need to mature and make adjustments in order to be successful in the major leagues. Bauer is known for his heavy throwing schedule, and he has his own philosophies on game plans as far as how to attack opposing hitters.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote