View Single Post
Old
10-04-2012, 11:33 PM
STain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post
Regehr in Grier out. Ott in Gaustad out. Ott is an agitator, Gaustad was your toughest player last year. Wrong direction there.
If you feel that its the wrong direction thats fine. But it was time for a different one and thats why Gaustad and Roy are no longer with the team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian
Shouldn't be so confident in your drafting. Doubt these guys make an impact for a while.
The only reason I mentioned the drafting was because they already started to make an impact last season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post
I said style. Ott plays Ruff's style. They changed some players, but will keep the same style Ruff has maintained for years.

Anyways Scott will barely play. An enforcer was needed desperately, so that was necessary, but come on...will he play enough to make a soft team tough? Unlikely and Ott plays on an edge. But a Marchand-like edge. Marchand does not make the Bruins tougher. Agitators jobs are to dive and yap. They make teams soft and Ott adds to a surplus of that in Buffalo.
They didn't need an enforcer that will be in the line-up every night, they already have McCormick for that. What they need is someone thats physical and willing to drop the gloves and can also play in the top 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogie Goldthorpe View Post
I don't see how being an agitator makes Ott soft. I don't see how 107 NHL fights makes Ott soft. I don't see how fighting the likes of Carcillo, Iginla and Neil make Ott soft. The guy's an annoying ****, but he will back it up when necessary.

I don't think Buffalo is going to be the pinko pushovers that some (well, one) are making them out to be.
Thats how I feel about Ott. Are him and Marchand both agitators? Yep. But Ott is also in the top of the league in hits every season and does quite a bit of fighting.

STain is offline   Reply With Quote