View Single Post
Old
10-05-2012, 09:21 AM
holyprime

vCash: 500
I'd recommend you Bern, or Zurich, as there would be plenty of stuff do see/do for your friends and you have quite the choice regarding hockey games. Our train system is pretty good and the these two places are kind of the main hubs in it, so it wont be a big deal for your friends to take a one day trip somewhere and come back in the evening so you can go out after the game with them or smth.

As others said, around Bern there would be the SC Bern itself, Fribourg, Biel and Langnau in around 30min, Geneva in 2h. And from Zurich you can easily visit the ZSC, Kloten Flyers, Zug and Rapperswil also in about 30min.
That said, i dont know too much about Bern, but Zurich has probably the most active nightlife, while the alps are more within reach from Bern (Zermatt in about 2h by train for instance).

As the weather is pretty bad sometimes in autumn north of the alps, the third possibility to recommend would be Lugano. Close to Milano (like 2h from the airport by train), great landscape and the higher possibility of good weather. You can visit Lugano itself and Ambri-Piotta, altough you might have to plan your visit there (incase they both wont play at home at that weekend). Incase you go there, i'd recommend a weekend with a derby between these two clubs, one of the best atmosphere's you can find in hockey.

Davos is meh.. Incase you and your friends like hiking it might be a good choice but other than that there's not that much to do.

If you like another city, go there ofc, but with these three mentioned you can't really "miss" it, as you've got everything in reach.

holyprime is offline   Reply With Quote