View Single Post
Old
10-05-2012, 09:33 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
I would not do that trade. Vanek makes 7m per... That is not only an unsustainable contract on this team, it breaks the cap-covenant they have going. Vanek is not better than either twin or Kesler, yet he is paid more. Therefore, he doesn't fit.

The forwards around the league that seem like good fits are those that have a middling salary like Booth. These guys don't upset the natural order. Nor would they be looking for a big pay day when their contracts are up (usually). So it's easier to keep them for longer.

Guys like Clowe, Ruutu, Weiss, Purcell, Simmonds, Okposo, Stafford etc... make more sense than the short-lived usage of Vanek would IMO.
Do you really think either Sedin or Kesler *****es if they trade for Vanek because he makes more than them? I don't think they care, in fact I think they'd be ecstatic that they have another elite player to help shoulder some of the offense. These guys all want to win, that's their priority. I have to think they're above whining over something so trivial. Vanek brings them an extra inch closer to the Stanley Cup, they'd embrace that for sure. When it came time to re-sign Vanek 2 years later, he'd be taking a cut like everyone else or he'd be walking. Simple as that.