Thread: Proposal: Tor - Col
View Single Post
Old
10-05-2012, 12:20 PM
cgf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theLongR0D View Post
However you implied it wasn't even enough for the Avs to pull the trigger. There's nothing that leads me to believe that Luongo will be a maple leaf either. It's very likely that the leafs get a top 10 pick again this year. With the depth at Center in the upcoming draft, it wouldn't be very bright to trade that much away in hopes that Duchene regains his "top prospect" form. There was alot going on with Kulemin mentally last year and I wouldn't be surprised to see a bounce back year from him. Couple that with Gardiner and 2 picks in a very deep draft, I just don't see the value. Thats just my opinion, but I can respect yours aswell.
It's not enough for the Avs to pull the trigger. Duchene's "top prospect" form has nothign to do with it, Duchene's "NHL before he got hurt last year" form is what it has to do with. Unless you're the only person that thinks Duchene's career is now over because of his injury. Kid was an allstar the season before last, yeah he got hurt last year and came back before he was healthy to try and help the playoff run, doesn't mean his future is suddenly damned.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote