View Single Post
Old
10-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Do you really think either Sedin or Kesler *****es if they trade for Vanek because he makes more than them? I don't think they care, in fact I think they'd be ecstatic that they have another elite player to help shoulder some of the offense. These guys all want to win, that's their priority. I have to think they're above whining over something so trivial. Vanek brings them an extra inch closer to the Stanley Cup, they'd embrace that for sure. When it came time to re-sign Vanek 2 years later, he'd be taking a cut like everyone else or he'd be walking. Simple as that.

I don't think the twins care so much as Gillis does. Just like Ehrhoff had the Hamhuis/Bieksa cap, so too will forwards have a cap based on Sedins/Kesler. Look at what Burrows just signed for: a number under Kesler. Booth's contract still fits under Kesler's as well. Point is, the cap-covenant rules are still being followed by MG whether he feels the Sedins/Kesler will take offense or not.

It's not trivial. Ehrhoff walking was not trivial.

If MG wanted a solo-sniper for 7m, why didn't he pursue Semin? Same price point. Great skill. Yet I didn't see many rumours there, if at all...

Not to mention it's unsustainable... Vanek taking a pay-cut? Doubtful. I don't think people who sign offersheets from EDM have that mind set. Then there's the fact that Edler and Higgins need to re-up first, and the money goes away fast. Still a "no" for me for Vanek.

Last edited by Bleach Clean: 10-05-2012 at 01:13 PM.