Old
10-05-2012, 01:36 PM
KlattNazty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
I can't say I know for two reasons:
1. I'm not a psychic
2. I haven't actually seen Finn play live.

But if I has to guess, I don't think his offense would show up more. When you play defense, your mind in most cases seems to be in 2 places. Either you believe in playing great defense because that is your position after all or you get a huge thrill from the offensive aspect of the game (lets face it, that's the most fun) and do that as much as you can while doing the bare minimum in your own end. Only in the rare case is a player able to do both and when they can they are a truly exceptional player. Finn I don't think is this exceptional player (of course I hope he becomes one), I think he is someone who will always be thinking defense first even if he is given a defensive partner. But hey, he is still really young, anything can happen.
Honestly... I have to say its impossible to tell at this point. He is very proficient on both sides of the puck. If Guelph can acquire a defensive rock and let Finn have some downtime we might see more action on the offensive end.

Regardless, he plays a game that will transition well to the pros. Obviously he doesnt have the dynamic of a rielly.