View Single Post
Old
05-10-2006, 10:48 AM
Habsaku

vCash: 500
I think we should add some punch to the 2nd line position. Not because I dont like Ribeiro, It'll probably hurt a bit to see him on another team, but because I feel we lack the necessary depth. We lack right hand shots and strong players down the middle. I would personally be surprised to see more then one of Bonk, Ribeiro, Bulis or Zednik back. I also think it might be time to part ways with one of our defensemen. The crop of UFAs is too good to pass up. I see Rob Blake and Redden is great fits for this organization. Same with Allison but I've been saying that for the last 5 years. I feel we need two more veterans to help the younger players on ice, not necessarily off the ice. Although it would be nice to see all of Latendresse, Chipchura, Kostitsyn and Lapierre on the team next year, I dont see it as a viable possibility unless we have some strong veteran leadership like San Jose. We have seen this year that Rivet, Souray, Dandenault, Koivu and Kovalev have all guided the younger players on the team and Markov has even helped Komisarek attain a top 4 level. With a new crop of guys for next year, it wouldnt hurt to replace the selfish players like Bulis and Zednik by guys who, even if they dont help off the ice, can guide them during play.

EDIT: Seeing Niedermayer with the ducks I cant help but wish we had traded Theo earlier and got him instead. I think Redden is the closest guy to him, Chara is way overrated and doesnt deserve his price tag.