Thread: Confirmed with Link: Habs select Sebastian Collberg - 33rd overall
View Single Post
Old
10-05-2012, 04:33 PM
KRM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellegrino View Post
Other clubs in SEL and Allsvenskan are showing interest in him.

Frölunda usually wait too long before their prospects get chance. Took way too long time before Lars Eller and Philip Larsen got their fair chances in SEL, not to mention Simon Hjalmarsson... At least Mikkel Boedker was smart enough to leave Frölunda early. Even Erik Karlsson didn't play the entire season in SEL (went on on loan to Allsvenskan) the year AFTER he was drafted. Frölunda have a good junior organization, but they rarely give the kids a fair chance to play in SEL. Someone like Karlsson didn't get many minutes ice time because they choose expensive, established players - mainly imports such as Joe DiPenta - instead.

Frölunda's SEL staff is a complete joke IMO, however rarely talk about it as I get attacked by biased Frölunda fans when I do.

Collberg would be wise to force a move elsewhere.
Funny thing is I've been spewing about more playing time for all these players, but they along with many other Frölunda prospects have had a dandy fine development here and quickly became impact players in the NHL or elsewhere. While some other high-end SEL prospects who were given large roles and much playing time like Pääjärvi, Tedenby, Rundblad, Josefson, Lander, etc, are struggling to keep out of the AHL.

I know you love nothing more than to bash Frölunda, but please don't come up with utter lies like you did about Eller, Larsen and Karlsson. I suspect your comment about other clubs showing interest in him also being just that.