View Single Post
Old
10-05-2012, 04:47 PM
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise13 View Post
What I was referring to wasn't that necessarily, but it was related to their terms and contracts that are standard on Disney contracts/negotiating tactics. Not sure if what you say is still prevalent thankfully, or rep firms have wised up to their act. The leads in "Prom" weren't splurge type dollars, and that's the last I saw. Perfect instance of grabbing midlevel names, though both those leads only signed on for that movie iirc.

Not surprised about the cartoonist comment. A convo me and the Mrs. had with a few people at Disney's own Club 33 over the summer pretty much suggests that level of treatment throughout the company. But like I said, scorned people tend to play the part so who knows. I'm sure there are some positive stories people could share, but those don't tend to be shared.

Man, if the Sharks ever play again, we should have a drink. Can probably swap some interesting stories lol.

Back on topic: This lockout sucks for the Sharks especially. Why? Powerhouse NFL team, two great baseball stories going on while Sharks remain irrelevant news wise. Nice work NHL.

Hadn't thought of it from this standpoint but you're absolutely right, plus there's the obvious point that most of the core is on the wrong side of 30. This just blows all the way around.