Thread: Confirmed with Link: Habs select Sebastian Collberg - 33rd overall
View Single Post
Old
10-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Pellegrino

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
Funny thing is I've been spewing about more playing time for all these players, but they along with many other Frölunda prospects have had a dandy fine development here and quickly became impact players in the NHL or elsewhere. While some other high-end SEL prospects who were given large roles and much playing time like Pääjärvi, Tedenby, Rundblad, Josefson, Lander, etc, are struggling to keep out of the AHL.

I know you love nothing more than to bash Frölunda, but please don't come up with utter lies like you did about Eller, Larsen and Karlsson. I suspect your comment about other clubs showing interest in him also being just that.
Thanks for proving my point about biased Frölunda fans.

I rarely talk about Frölunda on this message board. Actually only a few times a year. Your own prosects are bashing your SEL staff in media more often than I'm bashing them here.

Actually quite funny that you said things like this about the Frölunda SEL coach:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
I hope and think that the coach might finally be fired with this poor start.
You also added in another post that you don't think Frölunda can afford to fire the coach due to bad economy. Just another example how you defend Frölunda staff when "outsiders" have critical opinions, which is kinda funny when you don't even seem less critical yourself.

About interest: Collberg recently talked in media and admitted that he's interested in a loan move to Allsvenskan. Things like that make other clubs show interest, especially as Collberg could be a good player for many clubs.

I remember another recent example. Season 2010/2011 Atlanta Trashers second round pick (#34 overall) Calle Klingberg didn't get enough ice time in Frölunda. Then another SEL team (Timrå) snapped him up.

As I said, I agree that Frölunda have a good junior organization, and that many players who played there - afterall they did sign players such as Erik Karlsson, Lars Eller etc from other clubs - are very good (some even world class) nowadays.

But to get some perspective regarding Erik Karlsson, it should be noted that he was only in Frölunda's organizations during two years, so nobody can claim that Frölunda alone made him a world class player. I actually thought it was kinda sad when Erik Karlsson was the most skilled D-man in the league and was sent out on loan to Allsvenskan because Frölunda wanted to play their overpaid veterans instead in SEL... But yep, Karlsson became a world class player anyway.