View Single Post
Old
12-06-2003, 01:44 PM
Shizuka

vCash: 500
Yup, I think we will end up seeing more than just Comrie traded, provided Lowe gets back more than one roster player. The numbers just would not add up if he does. Chimera, Isbister and Laraque would be preferable...though again, I keep pointing to Laraque's deterrent factor (at least during regular season play, when guys are more willing to take runs / liberties with your skill players) as his saving grace. That, and he can actually play a regular shift and not hurt the team.

The one guy no one seems to mention that much is Isbister. Maybe it's not fair to criticize his play, since he's been injured quite a bit this season. However, the problems that plagued his game in Long Island have followed him here:

a) inconsistency
b) he's brittle i.e. injured alot
c) does not show much heart at times.

I guess the one thing he does bring is size, which is a factor in the playoffs. I would think that if we do not make the playoffs, or it looks like we are out early, then Lowe should flip Isbister for mid round picks. Because beyond that, he is overpaid and taking up a spot that any number of farm guys could hold. Maybe it's a bit of a harsh assessment but with the money he is earning, 6 points is a lousy return.