Thread: Confirmed with Link: Habs select Sebastian Collberg - 33rd overall
View Single Post
Old
10-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Pellegrino

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
So I'm a biased homer when I'm highly critical about the coach?

I know you rarely talk about Frölunda here on HFB, but when you do it's dropping in to various NHL team's prospects threads saying things like player X would be better off if he left Frölunda, and then some other gibberish about the team. Honestly I think it's quite pathetic behaviour, and reflects on how one should value your posts.

And how is it defending the staff when I say that unfortunately they can't afford to fire him? I never wanted Kent Johansson as a coach, I despised it when they signed him and I despise it even more after two seasons with him in control.
You're biased because you're critical to the Frölunda coach, but when "outsiders" are having the same opinions, then you're suddently defending him. But don't you worry, everybody that ever read any psychology knows this is a natural behavior as it's some kind of defense-mechanism...

I really don't talk much about Frölunda. Yes, I've stated that player x would be better off leaving Frölunda a few times. I've also stated the same about several prospects in other teams as well.

However, I've been right a few times about Frölunda prospects:
I said that Calle Klingberg should leave Frölunda, which he did by moving to Timrå...
I said that Lars Eller should leave Frölunda, which he did by moving to the AHL...
I said that Mikkel Boedker should leave Frölunda, which he did by moving to the OHL..
I said that Philip Larsen should leave Frölunda, which he did by moving to the AHL...
I said that Loui Eriksson should leave Frölunda, which he did by moving to the AHL...

I never said anything about Viktor Stålberg, even though he left Frölunda after one (1) year in their junior organization to play in NCAA instead. Good for him.

So it's not like my opinions have been totally crazy and unrealistic... In fact many Frölunda prospects left early which was positive for their careers.

As for Erik Karlsson being too bad and too lightweight during his last season in Frölunda... He actually finished the season as a great asset in the SEL playoff when the coach finally realized how good he was, and he played 60 NHL-games during the next season, so I don't think he was THAT bad when Frölunda sent him out on loan to Allsvenskan instead of giving him well-deserved ice time in SEL...

Quote:
I can't remember it, and Collberg may have said that, but there is a big difference between that and you saying other SEL teams and Allsvenskan teams having show interest.
When a prospect like Collberg officially states that he'd be interested in a loan move to Allsvenskan, then you don't have to wait for long until clubs are indeed showing interest. Also notice that this is a fact and not speculation.