Thread: Speculation: CBA Negotiations
View Single Post
Old
10-05-2012, 06:01 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
The fact remains that a player strike is extremely unlikely. The fact also remains that the league uses lockouts as a go-to negotiating tactic. It's just what Bettman does. He was brought in to be a hardliner and take it to the players after the players won rights to some profits from their own likenesses in 92, and that's exactly what he's done every time the CBA expires. The players stood up for themselves once, and the owners have given Bettman their leave to extract as much flesh from the players as he can every time a CBA is up. Bettman was brought in to take it to the players, just like Fehr has been brought in to try and take it to the league in response. It's a 2 decade long feud and the league needs it to stop, but there really isn't any end in sight; if anything it's escalating.

The league (based on appearances, at least...who knows what their true intentions are) wants to grind down the players and treat them like it's the 80s again, but after losing 2 straight labor disputes I don't know that the players going to take this one lightly.

Yeah, someone mentioned that earlier. Making them "secret" certainly raises some eyebrows. Time to start fashioning tin hats.
I'm not even sure if I want to continue arguing if you can't even admit that the playerse have any wrong doing ever.. At least Jeh(Jack De La Hoya) can admit that they would strike if it got to that point