Old
10-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
I'm not even sure if I want to continue arguing if you can't even admit that the playerse have any wrong doing ever.. At least Jeh(Jack De La Hoya) can admit that they would strike if it got to that point
I've never claimed they can do no wrong; hell, in this very thread I've pointed out instances of their own stubbornness. However, I just don't see how they can strike. I don't know how it's possible. The league simply won't allow themselves to be in a position where it happens. That's their right. Unfortunately for the players, there is no way for them to avoid a lockout, either. I'm not a fan of the lockout as a negotiating tactic, because it keeps me from seeing games. I'm not a fan of strikes, either, but they're far less likely and occur far less often. I'd love to see the CBA expiration pushed back to midnight on July 1st, but I'm doubtful Bettman wants to negate the impact of the lockout; past precedent has shown Bettman and the owners have no issue with missing games to pressure players.

If the league had allowed the players to continue playing while negotiating, they would have made them sign another no strike/no lockout clause.