View Single Post
Old
05-10-2006, 11:40 AM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
Don't you find it odd that Dagenais had 17 goals in 50 games last year? Pierre Fricking Dagenais. I'm sure HE made Ribeiro better and not the other way around. Oh hell, I'm sure Radek Bonk could make Pierre Dagenais score 17 goals. Ribeiro IS our 2nd best center. Deny it all you want. I'd much rather we get rid of Bonk and call up Lapierre, someone who will use the body, then we could sign a decent top 6 winger, cuz as we all know Bulis isn't it.
Maybe Dagenais had a hot streak in 2003-04 and pulled Ribeiro up with him?
You seem to have forgotten that Ribeiro didn't keep Dagenais from turning back into a pumpkin early in this past season. The three players on that line were dueling with each other in a race to get the worst +/- on the team. Ribeiro improved his +/- somewhat when he was put on a line with Kovalev. Thank you! Unfortunately, he didn't take advantage of the opportunity to improve his production. You'd have to make a convoluted argument to show that Ribeiro was of any help to Kovalev in return because we know what Kovalev is capable of.

Now, as to the rest of your post, I believe Bonk has one year left on his contract, and it looks as though the Habs will be stuck with him. It's not certain that Lapierre would be an improvement over Bonk next season, although he might in the future, when Bonk is gone.

Maybe Gainey will sign a good free agent to replace Bulis. Maybe Kostitsyn will be up to the job. Let's see what Ribeiro does with a new left wing on his line. If he doesn't reach the 75 points you think he's capable of (or even match his previous 65), I imagine you would be prepared to throw in the towel.