Thread: Confirmed with Link: Sylvain Guimond, new Habs psychologist
View Single Post
Old
10-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
There's only so much that a psychologist can do - men are traditionally more hesitant to talk about their problems, especially men playing a "tough guy" sport. You can help someone only if he thinks he needs your help (you can "convince" him about that though but that's another story )

Anyway - from what I've ssee he always seemed a professional, realistic, matter-of-fact kind of guy - which is great in this field. Let's give him a chance.
Well looking at his resume he's not just a psychologist, he also has degrees in osteopathy and bio-mechanics and works with athletes on things like their posture. He's written pretty extensively on how things like stress, tension, fatigue and even personality can impact posture and I'm going to assume he includes that when he works with athletes.

I also hope that in today's day and age at least a few players can admit when something mental might be impacting their play. They don't need to go off crying, but at least admit when you are stressed or distracted by something FFS. If Mario Lemieux and Tiger Woods are willing to work with him, the scrubs on the Habs better not think they are above that.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote