View Single Post
Old
05-10-2006, 11:45 AM
Shabutie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
Maybe Dagenais had a hot streak in 2003-04 and pulled Ribeiro up with him?
You seem to have forgotten that Ribeiro didn't keep Dagenais from turning back into a pumpkin early in this past season. The three players on that line were dueling with each other in a race to get the worst +/- on the team. Ribeiro improved his +/- somewhat when he was put on a line with Kovalev. Thank you! Unfortunately, he didn't take advantage of the opportunity to improve his production. You'd have to make a convoluted argument to show that Ribeiro was of any help to Kovalev in return because we know what Kovalev is capable of.
As I said, I think it's a total dick move that Kovalev was placed on the second line. It might have to do with the fact that Ryder didn't work along the boards or back check as he did last year. Kovalev is more of a "playmaker" than a scorer. Ribeiro is the same. Ribs has no finish what so ever, and when all Kovalev does is carry the puck into the zone and try to feed him, it's difficult to get your point production up. Last year, Ribs was feeding Dags and Ryder with ridiculous plays, and both were great finishers. The difference this year is that Ribs was supposed to be a finisher on 3/4 of the plays, that's not his game. Anywho, I'm done on this subject. I'm going to wait and see if Ribs is resigned or not before saying another word.