View Single Post
Old
10-05-2012, 07:50 PM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

vCash: 500
I blame the owners 100%.

If the players accepted what the owners are giving them, then the owners would know that they could do whatever the **** they wanted and lockout again once the new CBA was done.

I honest to god wonder if the NHl would be better off with monkeys running it.

Hmmm. We're short on money. Lets waste 100m+ on trying to save the phoenix coyotes, and then have the owners all chip in to cover the losses. Oh what? the player gave another player the dirtiest cheap shot ever, Fine him 2500$.

Theyre are 3 simple ways in my mind to fix the lockout and end it now.

1. Stop with this stupid % of HRR BS for the cap number, Make the cap frozzen at 70m until the 70m is equal to 50% of HRR. At that point, the cap will become 50% of league revenue again.

This makes the owners happy, in the sense that they save money long term. The players are happy as their current contracts arent effected, and since the cap is the same, nobody is waived to create space.

2. Get the Coyotes the **** outta the desert and move them to canada.
2.1 You get a massive relocation fee. This helps cover the money lost from the lockout.
2.2 Quebec city has the funds to field a competitive team, and will spend more then phoenix did. This means the players will get paid more money.
2.3 You dont waste that money on keeping the team in the desert.

3. Increase player fines. Instead of 2500. make the maximum 25000. Yes thats right, there is an extra 0. The money collected would be entered into the revenue sharing system. The players, while not wanting to pay 10x as much, agree to this because the increase in fines hopefully makes players think longer about that dirty cheap shot they decide to throw.