10-05-2012, 08:45 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Krinkle View Post
The guys on the radio said the guy didn't put his hand up til it hit the ground

Either way that's just ****ed

You have a 6 game lead on a team and yet b/c the MLB wants to out do it's own stupidity of the ASG determining WS homefield, you decide that 6 game lead doesn't exist and play a tiebreaker game and then THAT happens.

Hopefully this is a quick end to that experiment.
Even if he put his hand up beforehand it still would have been stupid, the ball was fifty feet out in left.

That said, I hate that this is now going to be ammo for the people that don't like the one-game wildcard, especially given the Braves finishing ahead of the Cards by a few games and now losing in this fashion. I think the one-game wildcard is actually one of the better things they've done. You not only put a priority on winning the division but you also give the division winners an actual advantage by making the wild-card team blow its best pitcher, have to travel, etc.

A 94-win team loses out to an 88-win team? Tough, that's the way it bounces (and it's also an abberation given how the WC has shaken out in recent years). I'd rather make it harder for the wild card than for the division winner, especially with how the division races had become a joke in recent years. If anything it was too easy for the Wild Card to be on a par with a division winner, given they were playing playoff baseball going in and the division winner was coasting. At least it ain't like the olden days where a 103-win Giants team missed the playoffs in the last year pre-Wild Card.

One thing that IS stupid is the current 2-3 format for the divisional round though. I hope that's only for this year because of shoehorning the one-game wildcard into the current schedule in Spring Training and they change it back to 2-2-1 next year.