View Single Post
Old
10-05-2012, 10:09 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Krinkle View Post
Yeah that's where the left fielder is normally standing. I heard it on the radio live, just saw it now for the first time. Hooooly ****

And I get making it harder for the wild card team than the divisional team, not letting teams coast at the end, whatever. But a 162 game season down to a friggin one game toss up? That makes no sense at all. Especially since the Braves finished all of 4 games behind the best team in baseball who were on cruise control since what, July or August, while the Cards were 9 back on their division.
I don't know why you keep harping on the 9 back of their division, would it have been more just if the Reds had 89 wins instead of 97 (putting the Cards one back)? The Cards would have still had the same number of wins, it doesn't matter how much they finished behind. It's not like the Cards coasted into the playoffs either, they had the Dodgers a game or two behind them only eliminated on the penultimate night in SF. That's the other part of why they do this, to keep more teams alive longer.

The problem with having a three or five-game WC series is you then give all the other playoff teams TOO much time off, baseball's a rhythm sport. You really can't have more than three days off without rust being an issue.