View Single Post
Old
12-06-2003, 02:11 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAndWhite
By that same token, the Leafs have only a few of their older players under contract for next season (Sundin and Nolan are the only two that spring to mind). It would also be wise to keep the likes of Antropov, Stajan - so we have someone to play for us next year, let alone compete.

I find it so odd that at the beginning of the year, people were labelling them as pretenders with no "window of opportunity". Now all of a sudden, the Leafs are on the cusp of being the favourite. The Leafs made their play for a big time additions last year, with the likes of Nolan.

I think my point is; if the Leafs have precious little youth. If they are going to deal the youth, it better be for significant return. Hamrlik is such a return but not at the cost of Stajan, Steen and a 2nd.

I'm not labeling the Leafs a favorite to come out of the East.I still think the Devils are coming out of the East,but I'd think that Toronto management,fans and media probably think they have as good a chance to come out of the east this yr as any other eastern conference team.