Thread: Prospect Info: Leafs Morgan Rielly discussion.
View Single Post
Old
10-06-2012, 10:27 AM
Interactif

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
I'm in the same boat as well. They way I see things, through my now cynical point of view, is that the Leafs will conitnue to suck, and Dion will be the whipping boy since he's captain and highest paid on the team...he will bolt for free agency in a couple years or Burke may trade him if he's unwilling to re-sign. Realistically speaking, he could find a much better situation for himself imho. This is all assuming the team doesn't turn things around...
I have to disagree here, I think Dion will be invaluable to Matt, Morgan and Stu down the line. The guy I think might be dangled is Jake perhaps one day, but that is way down the line.

Dion, Rielly, Finn, and Percy could be one of the better top 4 combos in the near future.

Dion has not had much support here during his time, and he really has not played badly. Playing run and scramble with Komi, Lebda, Schenn, Kaberle, Liles for support couldn't have been easy. He could be a monster again with one of Percy, Finn, or Reilly. Having a vet is invaluable.