Thread: Prospect Info: 2013 NHL Draft Prospects I
View Single Post
Old
10-06-2012, 10:42 AM
mikko1995

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danccchan View Post
I would say so. Granlund is hard to hit because he knows how to roll off forwards and stickhandle his way out of checking forwards along the boards. I call that elusive.

He makes his way into the offensive zone through his ability to elude players, while players like Parise make their way into the offensive zone with a straightforward skating style and beat defenders with hardwork and energy.

Reason I ask is because, if you are really interested in Lehkonen, I recommend a player like him better be elusive. Being a small and weak 5-10 163lbs, he isn't going to be very effective at the NHL level if he plays a straigthforward style.

He either will have to bulk up immensely, or be able to elude 6-4 NHL defensemen. He will need to do so in order to make room for himself AND not get injured.
Lehkonen is pretty fast, when he gets more strength to his legs; he'll hopefully develop an explosive first step and be able to create separation between him and the D. I'd say, for sure he needs to bulk up, but he is stronger than people give him credit for; plus he is fearless and never quits on any plays. Also; yes he is elusive; he can stick-handle past the opposition, maybe not the same way that MG can, but he is still very effective. What I noticed is that his defensive side of the game is rather good for a winger of his age as well; but he's a lot better in the offensive zone. What I noticed after following him is that KalPa likes to have him in the sideboards and run the PP from there; kind of like how Mikko has done with Team Finland (and Wild IIRC). He's got great hockey IQ and wrist shot is very good for his age.

All in all; I think he'll be drafted around 15-30 range. I think in his prime he could produce 30-35 goals and 35-45 assists a season.