View Single Post
Old
10-06-2012, 01:41 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilin Toronto View Post
Dude...you have to stop saying this. I need one season of proof, statistically, to show me that Turris is the better offensive player.
Post #54.

If you don't agree about better, let's stick to just as good.

Quote:
Please don't tell me that he didn't have the chance in Phoenix. This guys was Phoenix's golden child for at least a couple of years. He was given every opportunity to succeed, yet failed miserably to fulfill his potential. Phoenix actually had him playing with Doan for some time and failed miserably.
You don't know what you're talking about. They completely misused him, which is why he asked for a trade. He was healthy scratched a lot and played 4th line minutes. Dave Tippett is a great coach, but he missed the boat with Turris' development.

Quote:
As a 3rd overall pick, I'd personally expect him to be more than a 2nd line, shut down C. That in itself is an oxymoron. If your 2nd line C is going to be your shutdown player, who, other than your first line is going to score for your team. Let Turris crack the 40 pt mark just once, and then we can talk about who's better offensively. Gagner almost has 3x the pts. being drafted in the same year.

Most teams use one of their top 2 lines as a shutdown matchup. Again, you have no clue.

Career doesn't matter. Turris was misused and is a late bloomer.

Quote:
This guy simply hasn't lived up to the hype. I would take Gagner, who is a consistent 40-50pt player on one of the worst team in the league over Turris any time of the day. Also, Gagner, with his small stature is much more physical than Turris, and is a much more of a team player.
A 40-50 point player is much less valuable than a 40-50 point shutdown centre.

lol at "much more physical".

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote