View Single Post
Old
10-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Pucklington

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
44 is not his career low, and ppg is much more indicative

He played less than 12 min a night. You really expect me to believe he played most of his time in the top 6. Please, you're making stuff up.
No it is really not. Not how you are using it. I have shown you why your logic is faulty.
Never mentioned anything about Turris in PHX, or top 6 minutes. Don't accuse me of fabricating things, if you can't even get what I wrote correct.

41 in 76 games, and 41 in 68 games. Still better then Turris.

If you really want to use ppg stats, then Sam Gagner career 220 points in 336 games.

Sam Gagner is a 0.65 ppg player. Come back when Turris is even close to that for one season.

Quote:
I don't run Phx. I don't know why they used him the way they did. I've said this 1000 times, he was misused.

If Turris played in Edmonton instead of Gagner, of course he would have had his PP minutes as well.
Phoenix was a better team then Ottawa and didn't see fit for Turris to play those minutes, despite the fact he would have filled a weakness for them. I see that as a detriment to your argument.

Quote:
YOU were arguing that only ''7-8 teams'' use their their top 2 lines as shutdown lines. That is clearly false.
How was I false, when you could only name one centre from each team? I was trying to point out they used their best centre for that assignment, and had little depth after that. Unless of course you suddenly have become a Gomez, and Bozak fan.

Quote:
Turris never played with Spezza.
Of course, they are both centres. Not sure why you brought this up, as I never mentioned it.

Quote:
Gagner never played against top competition, not even close.

Didn't say Gagner was bad. Said I would not be comfortable having him play against Stamkos and Tavares and the likes, unlike Turris.
As Eskimofan44 pointed out, their Corsi was very similar. All you proved was Ottawa spread out the tougher competition, while Edmonton didn't.

You have been proven wrong on this argument already, so I don't feel the need to address it much further.

Quote:
OK, Gagner has improved a bit in other areas. Still doesn't mean he is or will be as good as Turris, or is coming close to fulfilling expectations.

Turris will continue to improve because he was a late bloomer and has raw talent.

Gagner won't improve at least offensively because he has been stagnate for 5 years.
Again, you basing your argument on opinion. Gagner has statistically improved over the last five years. Development is not linear. This can be said for both players, but if one were to bet who is likely to score 50 points next year it would be gagner and not turris.

Quote:
Removing 9 points in 7 games for Turris makes him 42 games, 20 points.

Removing 11 points in 2 games for Gagner makes him 36 games, 73 points.

Pretty freaking close. I have a hard time believing Gagner is much better offensively. Like I said, Turris is just as good.
I was trying to point out the fact that you need to remove statistics in order to try to prove your point.

You seemed to have missed the point.

Pucklington is offline   Reply With Quote