Old
10-06-2012, 06:13 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicSubsidal15 View Post
I hate Messier. Especially for leaving to Vancouver and when he came back he was washed up and still thought he was '94 Mess. Even in Theo Fleury's book he mentioned Messier refused to not be played on the first units for PP and PK even when he was too old to be effective. Also all the rumors about him running Zubov, Norstrom, Kovalev and others out of town to bring in his old buddies.
Kovalev was dealt for Nedved — never one of Messier's favs. Messier also was in Vancouver when the Rangers dealt Kovalev. I have a hard time believing he wanted Zubov gone.

EDIT: I would take anything Theo Fleury "says" with a grain of salt.

ADDITIONAL EDIT: You can hate Mess for leaving to go to Vancouver. But it was Neil Smith who more or less packed hs bags and called for a car to take him to the airport. In hindsight, Smith made the right call. Mess was a player on the decline. The mistake he made was the team should have started rebuilding right then and there. That team had no business being on the same ice as a team like the Flyers.

OH MY GOD, ANOTHER EDIT: For the record, I don't think they should have brought Mess back when they did. That was just Glen Sather throwing money around and making PR feel good moves, not hockey moves.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 10-06-2012 at 06:36 PM.