View Single Post
Old
10-06-2012, 07:28 PM
exporta

vCash: 500
My most memorable game was in Pewee. I was the captain and leading scorer on a team that went undefeated in the regular season and through the playoffs. We were one win away from the finals in a two game series that was based on gf/ga.

We came into the game up 3-2. They jumped up 5-3. We were throwing everything on net but couldn't get anything past their goalie until I put in a garbage goal mid way through the 3rd. The game went back and forward, but time was running out. There was a centre ice face-off with 35 seconds left, following a controversial call that ended a breakaway scoring chance to tie the game.

The coach sent me out at centre. I won the draw, but kept the puck and beat the guy on his turn and was at top speed. Caught the defenseman flat-footed, and deked by both defenders with my speed and was in on a break!

I faked right and caught the goaltender cheating and put it up stairs on the left side. I tied the game with less than 30 seconds on the clock, I never felt so good after scoring a goal!

The game went into triple over time, we lost the game on a terrible play - likely to do with exhaustion.

I ended up winning the MVP that day, but was bitter sweet. The opposing goaltender, whom I ended up knowing in later years, was awarded best goalie in the league.

It was a while ago now, but that was one of the biggest games in my hockey career. There were many other memorable games along the way for better or worse. As I am only 5'8, ability to dominate diminished and started playing a shut down role. Writing this is making me itch to start playing organized again...

exporta is offline   Reply With Quote