View Single Post
Old
10-07-2012, 02:05 AM
Butch 19
King me

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
For the love of god and for Nthteenth time. This is NOT every day. This is not your job, or my job. This is not like real life.

So let me ask you, at your job, are there 29 other companies competing directly with each other to win a trophy? Do you only work for 7 months out of the year? At your interview did you have an agent go in and negotiate for you? How about this, did you go in and tell the company you are applying to, "Hey guys, the place down the street wants to hire me for twice as much money..so yea...what do you think of that?"

No. You don't. Your company probably also isn't a sports organization, you are not Shea Weber, and your boss isn't Paul Holmgren, you're not making a 7-figure salary, and you have never had your face on a CCM Ad.

You also haven't been being an accountant/salesperson/construction worker/police offer/etc.etc. since age 4. Also, people don't pay good money to come watch you do taxes, arrest people, or build houses unless you are on a reality show like The Deadliest Catch, in which case my good friend you are awesome.

So can we please stop comparing the NHL, these negotiations, the NHLPA, to every day jobs and realistic things that we all go through in our collective occupations? Please? Pretty please?

It's not the same, it will never be the same, and it never has been the same. It has absolutely zero relevance to anything we are talking about here, so trying to make a case paralleling it to a job as a post man...it's not even comparing apples and oranges. It's comparing apples and the international space station.
agree - I get tired of fans (mostly on the main board) saying it's the same thing as any union worker - just cuz a NHL players' salary is a bazillion dollars doesn't make a difference. Yes, it does.

And am I the only person in America that liked the movie the Post Man? In theory at least, it could have been done better (but isn't that true about almost every movie?). Kevin Costner takes waaay too much **** for a pretty good film.