View Single Post
Old
10-07-2012, 09:07 AM
Xspyrit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Are you expecting us to make a push for the cup in the next two seasons? Are you sure Murray is going to resign Milan? Are you sure we will be able to afford him if the cap goes down like the owners want?

I like Michalek. He is one of my favourites. I understand that hockey is a business and players are your assets. Michalek had a career year last season. His value is at an all-time high. I gave Gormley as an example. He is going to be a stud of a defenceman.

Yes we have Karlsson, Cowen, and Ceci as our top 3. Now add Gormley.

Cowen/Karlsson
Gormley/Ceci

That is a solid top 4.

All the others you listed can fight for 5,6.

If you want some vet leadership, then bring someone in when we make our cup run.
We are already developping Top-4 D-men (Karlsson, Cowen,...). Our priority now is to develop top-6 forwards. Until we have done that, we can't afford to trade Michalek (or Spezza, Turris and Alfredsson), particulary when Alfie is retiring soon.

If a teams talks about a blue chip forward prospect, I'd be listening. Or if we could package Michalek with, I don't know, Da Costa and Gryba maybe, for Bobby Ryan, then why not.

Trading a player like Michalek who can score 25-35 goals for a blue chip D-man is not the right thing to do right now, and it won't happen. I know Murray wouldn't do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
OT but I'm having a debate with my buddy who says Phillips is a #7 dman now and should sub in the #6 slot having Lundin switch with him.

Anyone else think he's nuts?
Yes he's nuts (and probably worse than that lol)... At this point of his career, Phillips is an adequate #4 or a very good #5. He looked bad in 2010-11 but that's what happens when a team sucks. He looked much better last year.

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote