Thread: Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread 2012-13
View Single Post
Old
10-07-2012, 11:29 AM
jetkarma

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Nice hands Mark and perfect timing......love guys who can convert at the big moment especially on an off night
I said this before the final game of the Canada Russia 40th anniversary series , I wanted to see Scheifele produce points in a pressure situation . He did of course and he has continued to do that early this season. Some players have it and some don't , and within those that do , some have it more consistently. To me this is a bonus for playing longer in JR , he can elevate and develop that aspect and get more confident in his ability to do that.

Interesting to hear Kevin Cheveldayoff say he saw the AHL opportunity for Burmistrov to do just this , produce points in pressure situations. Just to be perfectly clear he did not casually mention it , he stated it distinctly at least twice. I said early last season that Burmistrov would benefit from some time in the AHL and of course it later then came out in the media and caused fans to be on side of the option or the other. This is a bonus from the lockout , no issue of "being sent down" and there is a lot of premiere talent there this season , so no noses out of joint .

The Jets organization are very happy for this scenario , that is not idle speculation btw.