View Single Post
Old
10-07-2012, 02:20 PM
benitovo

vCash: 500
Before I started working on my rosters (thanks to PetrPuck's site) I started a BAGM to check out the current rosters, and unsigned European prospects showed up as signed in the mode (well, some didn't show up at all). None of the unsigned prospects listed under "contracts" were from Europe - all CHL. This causes issues since teams can only have 50 contracts, and when these players are counted and bump teams over that 50 contract limit, others get dropped to free agency (Joel Armia for example). I haven't simmed through a year to see if future European draft picks are automatically signed.

Fixing the rosters to move free agents off their old teams helped some teams get under the 50 contract limit. I'm moving any 1992 or younger unsigned European prospects to the CHL, which allows them to show up as unsigned in BAGM (with older prospects that can't be moved to CHL teams I'm either making free agents or leaving them signed, depending on the situation). This helps teams get more contract flexibility, rather than having so many teams with the full 50 at the start of BAGM, making it hard for teams to make any moves.