View Single Post
Old
10-07-2012, 02:21 PM
EpicGingy

vCash: 2192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Airlines View Post
Of course, you'll go back to when the Canadian dollar was worthless. Stop with these 100% irrelevant statistics. The last 7 years, and only the last 7 years (As the Canadian dollar will NEVER reach that low again) are what matters.

Teams that have sold out every single home game for the past 7 years:

Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver

Teams that have sold out every single home game since relocation from a failing market:

Winnipeg

Just keep ignoring the facts, bud. Yes, I DID seriously say Saskatoon. I guarantee you that a franchise in Saskatoon would sell out every single game for a very long time. They could easily accomplish what Winnipeg STH's accomplished. A building the size of (or slightly bigger than) Winnipeg's would be very viable in Saskatoon. Disagree? Just look at what the Roughriders accomplish in Regina. Fans travel from all over the province to see every Riders game; 60,000+ fans, in fact. Also note that Saskatchewan is about to hit a MAJOR oil boom. Saskatoon has already had a major population increase, and is expected to continue to do that for quite a while.
You can't use Roughriders statistics for this, totally differet situation. Not only are their tickets cheaper, there's like what, 8-10 home games a season? Also considering that a lot of fans come from a few hours out in the summer, you can't guarantee them doing that for 41 home games in the middle of a prarie winter, it just wouldn't happen, Saskatoon can't support an NHL team right now.

Nashville is a better market than Saskatoon right now, IMO. I guess the NHL should've ditched Nashville, Pittsburgh, Washington, Boston and Chicago during their lean years, eh?

I hate how some of my country men think anywhere in Canada>USA. Nashville's going to continue to grow, and so will some of the other Southern markets.

EpicGingy is online now   Reply With Quote