View Single Post
Old
10-07-2012, 01:34 PM
murdock1116

vCash: 500
Going off the ESPN thing.

I think the biggest problem with this lockout, is that there is NO MEDIA PRESSURE!

That is the main reason why we're going to lose the entire season. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if we lost two seasons. The players might just do that, I'm sure they are fed up.

Take the NFL, Basketball and NFL Refs disputes. EVERYDAY on ESPN while those were going on, people talked about it. PTI, Blogs, Around the HORN, Sportscenter, couldn't get enough of it. That stuff plays a huge factor!

But since no one "cares" about the NHL lockout, there is no pressure on the owners and nhlpa to continually sit in a room and figure it out.

Look how quick the NFL solved the refs dispute after that monday night game with seattle and green bay. Media went off after that game and that ultimately forced the two sides to get it done.

Honestly I'm dead serious about this, but you know what would help get this thing done? If Justin Bieber tweeted everyday saying, "Yo NHL figure this **** out!" The media would blow up on that.