View Single Post
Old
10-07-2012, 01:45 PM
htpwn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganhunter View Post
Hmmmmm I wonder why the owners locked out the players........

One of the best markets in the entire league....

That is not true and I'd love to see those #'s
Just go to www.forbes.com

It's a decent site for comparing this and that but the numbers have be taken with a big grain of salt. NHL teams do not open their books. Forbes does not have access to what teams are earning or losing or anything else for that matter. They make educated guesses and as with most US-based sites, they do it rather poorly.

To answer the question posed by the OP, I don't see why fans of big market teams should have much angst towards money-losing teams. The reality is that the majority of teams that are making money now, were losing money sometime in the past. Its kind of a hollow argument.

I also think the amount of teams that are really struggling are a lot less than what the average fan may believe. I count 3-4, total: Florida, Columbus, New York (Islanders), and Phoenix. Out of these, all but Phoenix are probably salvageable markets (some argue Phoenix is as well but I just don't see it. It was one of the weakest markets in the league before bankruptcy, let alone after three years of ownership troubles and a lockout).

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote