View Single Post
Old
10-07-2012, 04:04 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
True but you fit Niedermayer, Paul Coffey, Phil Housley and Bourque in there as well and you get a guy of that quality on average about one a decade.
First off you left someone off your list (played with Detroit his whole career cough,cough). Second, I don't see why you're bringing a list of players you see as on par with Leetch into the comment--some teams are lucky enough to see one of those players every generation and many are forced to get by with much less talented defensemen, even with free agency.

Sather has been looking for a player like Coffey (in his prime) since he came here. My point was that he undervalued Leetch from the get-go, bringing in a bunch of has beens, never wll bes and wantabes. Malakhov was the first. Gilroy was another stab at finding the diamond in the rough. I don't have the hate some do here for Gilroy, but the hype management gave the original signing, pretty much set expectations way beyond what Gilroy could achieve. I like signing, but don't expect much more than what Gilroy has brought to the table up to this point, although there's still room for him to improve.

Brooklyn Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote