View Single Post
Old
10-07-2012, 06:30 PM
Tormentor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinettiseura View Post
I was wondering is Urho Vaakanainen injured because he hasn't been playing for junior C games and noticed that the reason he hasn't been playing is that he plays already jr. B level! Has someone seen him this season?
I saw Vaakanainen during the pre-season, no big changes in his game. He’s pretty good in many things, like skating, puck handling, passing, shooting, reading the play, and so on. He doesn’t exactly excel in any areas of the game at this point, but seems like a good all-around prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinProspects View Post
BTW Saarela returned to line-up y´day and scored 1+2. 3 games 8 points. I´m just wondering is there a real reason for him to play in B-juniors?
Saarela’s dad is an assistant coach on that Lukko Jr.B team, this could have some impact on where Aleksi plays. They might try him out in Jr.A at some point though, especially if he continues to score at this pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Apparently Jokerit's Olli Juolevi(-98 D-man) has been very impressive. He leads their C-jr. preliminary group in points as an underage d-man and is listed at 185/75 (14 years of age).
HPK’s Markus Niemeläinen has similar stats with Juolevi and he’s also a 98-born defenseman, only difference is that he’s even taller than Juolevi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoHockey View Post
I saw Veeti Vainio play for the first time last week on jr C, Blues vs. Jokerit. It was really a pleasure to see his beautiful skating and playing his head up all the time. Me like!
Me likes VV a lot as well, promising defenseman and has clearly grown from last season. For me he’s top-5 among 97-born Finns.