View Single Post
Old
10-07-2012, 11:04 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemania View Post
NHL in the states will always be 2nd bananna on the best of days. If there gonna get any fan-base rolling its the internet that's gonna carry it, not the TV market.
You're right, but what I am saying (in another way of putting it), is that I'd like to see the results of a sociological experiment where an American community or the country or a region or something (especially a market with an NHL team like the Sharks), for one full year, was innundated with hockey coverage, i.e. Mike and Mike talk hockey like they do the NFL, Skip Bayless talk hockey like he does the NFL, Jim Rome talks hockey like he does NFL, local sports radio talks hockey like they do the NFL, local sports TV talks hockey like they do the NFL,

and see how the media coverage/exposure changes things like TV ratings. My point is, for example, that most people didn't care as much about the steroid crap...until the media shoved it down their throats. I'd like to see what would happen if the NHL was shoved down Americans throats like the NFL is, even if its a sample size.