View Single Post
Old
10-07-2012, 11:35 PM
CoasttoCoast

vCash: 500
In a effort to compare apples to apples, within a significant sample group, below is results of the first 10 games for all 12 teams. 10 games is 17% of the entire season. Yes schedule strength and one game result can lead to a wide swing in position etc.,this early in. Playing a couple more games then another team at this point can swing the standings way out of wack, so for a clearer picture... the results below are the facts after the first 10 games each.
CP= 14pts +13
SF= 14pts +8
OTT= 14pts +8
Nep= 12pts +8
Pem= 12pts +5
Corn= 12pts +2
Cumb= 11pts -1
Bro= 11pts -2
Kan= 11pts-6
Haw= 8pts -7
Kem= 8pts -13
Glo= 7pts -14
In the first 10, CP, Smith Falls and Ott. have had great and equal starts. CP leads in +-, Ott & CP lead in goals against and Smith Falls lead in goals for. I thought CP would struggle to score, got that wrong. Their record is even more impressive since their anointed #1 goalie has not played a game yet. Smith Falls top line is tearing through the league right now. Ottawa is a huge surprise to me, incredible reload that has looked better each time out in the first 10 games. Maintaining this pace will get you national rankings.
Just 2 pts behind are Nep. Pem. & Cornwall, Nepean has the best +- of this group and are tied for top spot overall in goals against. Maclean is in CIS and the back end is struggling to define itself. Nepean has had a weak schedule, not playing CP or Smiths yet, however they were the first team to beat Pembroke and they lost in OT to Ott. Nepean has not come out and dominated, but high expectations may lead to overly critical review of their start. They have the 4th best start in the league if you use +- as the tiebreaker. The sky is not falling in Nepean and they have plenty of time to get things going and challenge for top spot. Pembroke, another pre-season favourite, has the fewest PIM in the league, their small skilled team had a great 3-0-0 start but only 2 wins in their next 7 games. SK is the master at finishing strong and I wouldn’t bet against him.